What is TEEL Structure? Steps for writing Teel Structure
Some of you may be hearing it for the first time while some may already have experience with it. Well, this article will give you a deep understanding of TEEL structure writing. Basically, TEEL signifies for Topic, Explanation, Evidence, and Link. Its flow should be like, the first paragraph should give a brief introduction about the topic for a written paragraph, followed by the explanation, its importance with relevant evidence and arguments in favor of your explanation. The last statement confirms the previous information explained in the sentences in the paragraph.
Generally, It is an effective way to organize a paragraph. And, it develops an ability to write in-depth and at length. Also, this helps students to develop the skill by writing in a disciplined format that leads to building an argument. So, one should not be lacking in information gathering. You must learn the basic approach to write such essays.
Basically, It does not have any rules to follow while writing. But, it has some techniques which are used to give a proper paragraph structure. Here, you can find some common rules to follow:
Each paragraph should explain the unique thing at a time
The essay should contain a minimum of three and a maximum of five paragraphs.
Every paragraph should not have more than six sentences.
The flow of sentences should be according to the TEEL structure.
How to Structure paragraphs according to TEEL techniques?
1. Topic Sentence
The starting sentence of the paragraph will make clear about the next happenings. Thus it is important to write topic sentences that clearly explain the reader and give enough information about the topic. It should catch the reader’s attention and allow them to engage with the topic. By going through the topic, the reader should carry certain questions in his mind, which should be answered in the next paragraph.
The next sentence should explain about the things you have discussed previously. In this part, the reader should be able to understand the entire topic. The sentences should be straight and to the mark. They should be able to explain a large segment in a few points. You should explain it to the point so that the argument can be conveyed to the reader. Don’t summarise things. Keep your explanation to the point.
Your argument should have enough supportive evidence to claim. So in this paragraph, the writer needs to provide evidence that should prove your arguments in the former sentences. The evidence you prepare can in form of an event, facts, data, analysis, or from a credible source. The evidence given by you will make an impact on the reader’s mind. This will help the reader to retain the information thus making a solid influence on the reader.
This section is extremely important, as it gets together the whole topic. This part gives a brief summary of the whole topic. The paragraph gives importance to the whole essay by giving a short conclusion. This will take effect after explaining your argument with proof.
Benefits of writing in Teel structure
The advantages of using TEEL structure for writing are:
1. Increased creativity and strategic thinking: This will improve the creative skills of the writer while enhancing their quality standards.
2. Enhances credibility: Using the structure effectively, will encourage the readers to understand the content making it more impactful on them.
3. Attention on the topic: These structures encourage users to read for a long and stay-focussed on the topic. For making it engaging, it is important to deliver reliable information which will be helpful for the evidence and solve their problem.
4. Provide sufficient evidence: It favors the writer to present enough evidence in support of his arguments and statements. Giving proof will allow the reader to analyze it analytically. This will encourage the author to write with the utmost benefits.
Tips for writing the structure:
1. You should be clear about the arguments you will make and be prepared with suitable explanations. Bring the supportive evidence.
2. Use formal language to frame and write sentences. This will help you in accentuating the content of the essay. This causes a stronger effect on the reader and your writing will look more credible and reliable. Avoid using word contraction, slang, and unintentional statements.
3. Get familiar with such types of writings. Gather information on different sources like books, the internet, or professionals. Appropriate research is needed to learn teel structured writing techniques. Every aspect of the essay should connect to each other for a logical flow of information.
4. Once you have learned the writing technique, the next step should be to collect the relevant sources which will help you write in an effective manner. Also, use the appropriate examples with your topic for a detailed explanation.
5. Choose the topic you are comfortable with and can explain with as much gathered information. Having excellent knowledge about anything will help you explain the thing more precisely.
6. Creating a draft is a significant part of this writing process. You can manage it smoothly if you design a layout. Understand every element of the essay to write effectively.
7. Give a short heading before starting each paragraph. This will help the reader understand, what your essay is all about. The heading should be short with proper punctuation and grammar.
8. Write according to proper essay structure. Review it before submitting it. Check grammar, spelling mistakes, punctuation, and proper paragraph structuring.
The essay should be the expansion of the discussion by proving a sequence of illustrations and points. The paragraph should be logically related to each other. Develop your ability to link the sentences for easy and free-flowing of the document. The first sentence of the paragraph should indicate the idea about the topic. Your sentences should be the representation of your argument and point to pieces of evidence. Check the formatting and avoid plagiarism. Read it from the third-person perspective. Check quotation marks and typing errors. While proofreading, the errors could be easily identified.
Meta description: TEEL signifies for Topic, Explanation, Evidence, and Link. Follow the steps of writing the TEEL structure and keep practicing regularly.